If you are an XRP TipBot user, you must link your account to Uphold to be able to send and/or receive tips in the near future. This change is due to the passage of the European Union’s 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive (AMLD5). XRP TipBot is not going away immediately, but you should either migrate your balance to Uphold or withdraw your balance as soon as possible. When you sign into your XRP TipBot account, you’ll be guided through migrating or withdrawing.
1. Click Continue to the next step.
2. Click Register if you don’t have an Uphold account yet. You’ll be taken to Uphold’s sign up page.
3. If you do have an Uphold account, click Connect.
4. If you clicked Connect, review the information on this page carefully.
5. Click OK, connect to Uphold. Uphold’s sign in page opens.
6. Sign in to your account. You’ll be prompted to authorize Uphold to connect to XRP TipBot.
7. Click Authorize.
After you authorize Uphold, your browser might take you back to the XRP TipBot screen with the OK, connect to Uphold button. That’s fine. Uphold will send you a confirmation email within a few minutes.
If you have a balance in your TipBot account, you’ll find a notification and button to migrate your balance to your linked Uphold account. Wait until you’ve received the confirmation email before migrating.
Click Migrate then access your Uphold account. Locate the XRP account card on the dashboard. This card contains the balance from your XRP TipBot account.
If you want to continue receiving XRP to this card, you’ll need to generate a new payment pointer, then add the pointer to your Coil account and/or any of your personal websites that use the
monetization meta tag.
If you want to want to convert some or all of your balance to a different currency, or move your XRP to another XRP card (if you already have one), you can do that too. Your Uphold account lets you receive funds on any currency card using Interledger (ILP). You are not limited to receiving only XRP.
1. Click the card.
2. Click Add Funds.
3. Click Fund from Interledger Payment Pointer.
4. Click Generate payment pointer.
5. Copy your payment pointer.
6. Add your payment pointer to your Coil account. See Coil Account Settings. If you have any personal websites using the
monetization meta tag, be sure to update your payment pointer there as well. See Personal Websites.
When you sign up for Uphold, they provide you with a few empty (unfunded) cards set up for different currencies. If you want to convert your XRP TipBot balance to another currency or move your balance to an existing XRP card (if you already have one), perform the following steps.
1. Click your XRP TipBot card.
2. Click Send to Uphold Card.
3. Select the Transfer To card. Enter the amount of XRP you want to transfer. The screen will refresh to show how much the XRP is worth if your Transfer To card is in a different currency.
4. Click Confirm.
Click Withdraw your funds.
Complete the withdrawal form and click Withdraw.