Manage your personal information in the Account section of your dashboard. From here, you can:
- Add a profile photo and create a username
- Change your email address and password
- Delete your account
If you've had your Coil account for a while, you might see a field for your full name. This field does not appear for newer accounts.
Create or change username
Click Edit to create or change your username. Your username must contain at least 3 characters and no more than 16 characters.
Change email address
Click Change to change your email address. When changed, we'll send a verification email to the new address. You must verify your new address for the change to take effect.
Click Change to change your password. You must choose a strong password with at least 8 characters. You'll receive a message if your password isn't strong enough. To estimate password strength, we look for common names, repeating and sequential characters (e.g., 1111, abcd), keyboard patterns (e.g, qwerty) and a few other things.
If you're paying for a membership, deleting your account automatically cancels your membership.
- Sign in to your Coil account and click Go to Settings in the upper-right.
- Under the Account section, click the phrase Enter your password. This makes the field active.
- Enter your password and click Delete Account.
- Click Delete account again. You'll receive a confirmation email containing the last step for deleting your account.
- Stay logged in to your Coil account.
- Click the link in the confirmation email, then click Delete Account a final time. The Coil page refreshes and signs you out. You'll receive a confirmation email stating your account has been deleted.