With your Coil Membership, you can support your favorite Twitch Partners and Affiliates by simply watching their streams. We keep track of how much they've earned, in USD, then purchase and deposit Twitch Bits into their account.
Due to how Coil must integrate with Twitch, partners and affiliates only receive payments when you use the Coil Extension. Twitch monetization is not supported in Puma Browser.
Twitch payouts work differently than other payouts handled by Coil.
The payout rate starts at $0.36 USD an hour and tapers to a lower rate after Coil has streamed a total of $4.50. The lower rate is used until your membership renews. Coil keeps track of how much each streamer has earned, and then purchases Twitch Bits when Twitch's minimum purchase threshold is reached. Twitch's current minimum purchase threshold is 100 Bits.
Payments aren't delivered in real time. The Coil Twitch Bot performs periodic checks (about every 24 hours) of streamer balances. When a streamer's balance is high enough, the bot deposits the Bits into the streamer's account and posts to their chat.
It could take more than 24 hours for a streamer to receive a payment. In addition to Twitch's minimum purchase threshold, some streamers raise the minimum number of Bits required to send a Cheer. If a streamer sets their minimum to 150, for example, the Coil Twitch Bot can't make a deposit until they've earned the equivalent of 200 Bits.
If you think a streamer hasn't received a payment, it could be that:
- The bot hasn't checked their accrued balance yet.
- Their accrued balance isn't high enough for the bot to deposit Bits. Possible reasons are:
- Their earnings haven't met Twitch's minimum purchase threshold.
- They've set the minimum number of Bits needed to send a Cheer to a high number.
- Coil has already streamed $4.50, so your payout rate is lowered until your membership renews.
- They've switched their alerts to only show Bits above a certain threshold in their chat.
- They don't have a Twitch partner or affiliate account. In this case, the Coil Extension will show that they aren't web monetized.