You don't need a Coil account or a payment pointer. We have a special integration with Twitch that allows us to pay you in Twitch Bits.
For you to receive payments, your viewer must:
- Be a Coil Member
- Use the Coil Extension
How it works
Payments aren't delivered in real time. It could take 24 hours or more for you to receive a payment.
- For each second a Coil Member watches your stream, we keep track of how much you've earned, in USD, then purchase Twitch Bits when your balance is high enough.
- The Coil Twitch Bot performs periodic checks of your balance (about every 24 hours).
- When your balance is high enough, the Twitch Bits are deposited into your partner/affiliate account by the Coil Twitch Bot.
- The Coil Twitch Bot posts to your chat when it makes a deposit.
If you know Coil Members are watching your stream, but you haven't received Twitch Bits, it could be that:
- The bot hasn't checked your accrued balance yet.
- Your accrued balance isn't high enough for the bot to deposit Bits. Possible reasons are:
- Your earnings haven't met Twitch's minimum purchase threshold for Bits (currently 100 Bits).
- You've set the minimum number of Bits needed to receive a cheer to a high number.
For example, if you set your minimum to 150 Bits, the Coil Twitch Bot can't make a deposit until you've earned the equivalent of 200 Bits.
- A Coil Member has already streamed $4.50 of their monthly membership fee, so their payout rate is lowered until their membership renews.
- You don't have a Twitch partner or affiliate account. In this case, your viewer's Coil Extension will show that you aren't monetized.