Coil's official Web Monetization plugin lets you monetize some or all of your WordPress site. With a monetized site, you'll receive payments from Coil Members for each second they view your content.
- You must have a payment pointer. Your payment pointer is how we know where to send your payments. You'll enter your payment pointer when configuring the plugin.
- You don't need a Coil account (free or paid) to use the plugin, but you might find that having one is helpful.
- Your visitors must have a Coil Membership and use the Coil Extension for you to receive payments.
The plugin adds the Web Monetization meta tag to the
<head> section of each of your pages. For more information about the Web Monetization meta tag, see webmonetization.org.
The plugin's default content settings make all your pages and posts Enabled & Public. This means when Coil Members visit your site, you’ll get paid. Visitors who aren’t Coil Members can still access your content, but will see a customizable message suggesting they sign up for a Coil Membership.
You can change the way pages and posts are monetized:
- Per page and per post
- Through the use of tags and categories
- Through the use of blocks (Block editor only)