Use Uphold to have your earnings paid out in USD or any other supported currency. With Uphold, you can choose from over 50 currencies, including fiat and crypto. Visit their site for more information about your payout options.
Opening an Uphold account only takes a few minutes. They collect basic information like your legal name, date of birth, and phone number. You don't have to verify your identity until you're ready to withdraw your funds, but you can do it earlier if you want. Review their help article for more information about verifying your identity.
If you are an individual, you can sign up through Uphold's app or website. If you are a business, you must sign up through their website. For more information about business accounts, review Uphold's help doc.
Uphold is in the process of obtaining a BitLicense in the state of New York. Until the BitLicense is issued they cannot support cryptocurrency transactions in New York. You can still set up an account and claim funds in a supported currency, such as USD.
- Download and install the Uphold app or visit https://uphold.com/signup.
- Select Sign Up.
- Click Next.
- Complete all fields, certify your details, then click Next.
- Check your email and confirm your address.
- When confirmed, the app and website refresh.
Set up your account to receive payments from Coil
You don't need to fund your account to receive payments from Coil Members, but you do need to set up your account to receive Interledger payments.
- App - If you're still in the Sign Up flow, tap Fund my account. If you're on the Portfolio screen, tap Transact in the toolbar.
- Website - Click Transact in the toolbar.
- Select the From menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Interledger.
- Select I agree and Continue.
- If you don't want your earnings paid out in the default currency (the example below shows USD), tap the To menu.
- Select the currency you want your earnings converted to. The QR code screen updates with the selected currency and a newly generated payment pointer.
- Copy your payment pointer. You'll need this when you set up your free Coil account.
- Tap Done. The Portfolio screen appears.