How to monetize your YouTube channel with Coil
Note: You need to provide your Payment Pointer to receive money from Coil. If you haven't setup your Payment Pointer, you can do so by following these guides:
- Make sure you are logged in to Coil
- Go to your Creator Settings
- Under Monetize Social - YouTube click on Add your channel
- Follow the Google oauth flow and select your YouTube channel.
- Congrats! You've setup your YouTube channels with Monetization via Coil!
How monetization of Youtube channels via Coil works
- When Coil users look at a YouTube video the extension checks with Coil to see if the video's channel has been Monetized by a Coil user.
- If the channel is Monetized Coil provides the channel's registered payment pointer to the extension. The extension then streams donations in to that payment pointer over Interledger.
NOTE: For monetization of your YouTube channel to be active you must be watching a video on the channel. Monetization does not work on the YouTube channel homepage.